Special Education Attorneys in Pennsylvania
If your child has a disability, regardless of whether it is physical, intellectual, or behavioral, he or she may need certain services to help them succeed in school. Obtaining special education services for your child can be challenging for a number of reasons:
- You don’t have the knowledge of your child’s rights that the district has.
- It’s very hard to disagree with a team of professionals who have attended hundreds of meetings when you have only attended a few.
- They know what resources they have for your child and you don’t.
- You don’t understand the alphabet soup of special education terms: IEP, FBA, PWN, 504, ODR, NOREP. The list goes on and on.
- They have been trained (many times, improperly) in what the special education laws say. They may give you incorrect information and you won’t necessarily know it is wrong.
- They know what type of special education programming is available and you may not.
- You don’t want to risk offending or challenging the people your child is with all day long.
You may feel totally overwhelmed by the prospect of hearings, meetings, and disputes with your child’s school district. If you are struggling to navigate your child’s special education services, it may be beneficial to consult with an experienced special education law attorney at Anderson, Converse & Fennick. Our firm has proudly represented students and parents in York County and throughout Pennsylvania for decades. Contact us today.
The attorneys at Anderson, Converse & Fennick have years of experience guiding clients through each step of the special education process. We understand how important it is for your child to get the services they need. Our firm has experience with a wide variety of complex special education matters, including:
- 504 Plans
- Due Process Hearings
- Manifestation Determination
- Functional Behavioral Assessments
- Private school placements
Contact a Pennsylvania Education Attorney
Our attorneys are committed to representing your family as you meet with schools, attend hearings, and even file appeals when things don’t go as intended. Anderson, Converse & Fennick is committed to helping you settle educational issues and exploring various methods of dispute resolution should they become necessary. We want to ensure that your child gets the education and support services he or she deserves. Our legal team understands that each child’s situation is different and, therefore, you deserve individualized attention. If you need legal guidance when trying to help your child get the best possible education to meet their needs, contact Anderson, Converse & Fennick today for knowledgeable, compassionate, and steadfast legal representation.